R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What to buy?? Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Chris__RC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
no i dont really know too much about tuning and maintenance. Also I will be getting one in the spring so I can defanately save some more money up, and how much would a good 1/8 be. also what about truggies, those look sweet. I would only really be running in the summer so what would I have to do and could I store a nitro in the winter. Also with the engines when you say bottom end do you mean like accelaration and wheelies and as you go up meaning .12,.14, .18 do they get faster or the other way around. I know alot of questions but I love this hobby!!!
NO truggies/buggies do wheelies. That is for playing. Like compare the OS >12 TZ to the OS .18 TZ. The 12 will be faster in the top end and more controlled, while the 18 will be extremely fast as far as accelration and not as good for 2wd.

I would reccomend the Ofna Hyper 7 TQ Black or the Thunder Tiger ST-1 Truggy as you can get those from amainhobbies.com for $300 last time I checked.

Yes you can store a nitro engine in the winter. You just need to put the engine piston at bottom bead center and put after run oil in it.