R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car
Old 01-06-2009, 03:18 PM
YR4Dude
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Anyone remember the Trinity T-Spec?

Well anyways that was a shaft car utilizes V One R suspension and bulkheads. The V One R was just a junior version of the Fantom 2000 & 2001 1/8th 4wd onroader. So if one were to adapt Fantom 2000 parts onto a T-spec, stretch the chassis and build a longer drive shaft, you would have a shaft drive 1/8 4wd onroader.

I have a T-Spec right now with Novak 5.5 thats quite fast just for in front of the house. The suspension components are almost bullet proof. The V One had the reputation for being very durable. By checking on Novak's site on gearing and motor rpm, using a 3.5 would get me towards 60 - 70mph range. However thats just calc'd, actual speeds may be lower due to weight and aerodynamics.

Anyways, if the shaft design doesn't suit you (torque steer) then I would consider picking up and old 950 or 950R and fab a new motor plate and gear adaptor. The battery could be mounted where the fuel tank sits and with laydown servo steering hanging off the right side, there should be no problem placing the battery straight down the middle. The speedo could hang off the left side where the pipe use to be to balance out the steering. Of course a new radio plate would need to be fabbed.

So with those suggestions, lets see who's first posting pics of their T-Spec or 950 conversions. Gentlemen start your Dremels!!