R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Matthew_Armeni
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

About the Slash class, I've brought up some ideas before and so have some other people but I really think we should try some out. First, I think we should run a shortened track. The smaller track prevents the field from spreading out and can make racing a lot more fun. The whole thing with full fender off road is that we can bump and rub. A closer field (even if it's lapped traffic) allows that to happen. Also, lets run the course backwards. Only the modded Slashes can clear the jumps so instead of teching the cars we can "tech" the track. Even modded cars can't do the jumps backwards, everyone will have drive slower and it will level the field some more.
Lastly, a more exciting start. Motocross or a close stagger (in reverse order!) would be sweet!

Or, and Dan would have to set this up, there is a way to stagger the start so that we all finish at almost the same time (based on qualifying). For example, in the qual. , car 1 does 5 laps, car 2 does 6 and cars 3 does 7, all in 5 min. So in a 10min main, car 1 would take off and start, car 2 would be waiting for Dan to say go (around the time car 1 finishes lap 2, the computer figure out the exact time) and 2 would be playing catch up. The same goes for car 3. That way, in the final minute or so, all cars should be close to a win! The better drivers have to make up the time and anyone could win. It's like a rally. It's a bit extreme I know, especially for the true racers, but definitely more exciting.

What do you guys think? I really think a shortened track is most important, and it's easy to do.