R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2003, 06:34 PM
stormperson
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Steve- before you paint or mask, mount the body, since its easier to see if anything is hitting (and more importantly where, so you can fix it).

paperboy- That car isnt that heavy. The correct ROAR limit is around 830grams (this years rulebook is wrong, its 100 grams under).

I dont how exactly how much each thing wieghs, however here are some suggestions...

-Body: if its a lightweight then you are fine, if you are really crazy then just use oil or spray can paint with a very light and simple paint job. otherwise, get a lightweight. and i would suggest getting a parma or trinity speed 8, or a proto ascari. The proto bently isnt really used by anyone. (there is a reason all proto factory drivers got Parma deals when they would have had to run the proto 8).

-I am not sure what kind of car it is, however if it is a car with any kind of dress kit, then get rid of it, and put the stock pieces on, they are most likely alot lighter. Also if it has upgraded bulkheads, go back to the stock ones, or one that will allow the graphite left side.

-front end, the dynamic strut is heavier than the old style, and if you are running stock the old style is better anyway.

-tires, big tires weigh more, also tires soaked with compound weigh more, thats one of the reasons why at big races guys run small tires and clean then after every run

Although to be completely honest, your car really shouldnt need to lose weight. in 19t its not going to kill you, unless you need that extra second or two in the 8 minute run, it shouldnt be nessessary to do much. Although if it makes you feel better its priceless