R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 02:43 PM
bs6ef
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jdeadman
Sorry that was a type-o I am Running a 43mm rollout with 100 spur and 29 pinion on 47mm tires I have been testing a 40mm using a 27 Pinion and I have sceen better temps on the motor and better lap times. Everyone one here is running about 38-44mm rollout.

The track is fairly small and I acheve full speed at about the 2/3 mark of the straight. it's actually funny that the fastest guys are runnign the smallest rollout.

I think it's weird but that's just me.

For the Front end. I forgot to mention that I just installed the New Pro-Strut for the GenX onto my 3.2 and the first time out it was good so I don;t think that it is the springs. but I will reset the front end so it is level.

Thanks for the info on the rear pod. I'll check out that sitting level thing.

You guys are great
You have to remember that all motors are different, i have two corally 19t motors one with standup and one with laydown brushes, these i run on a big track from 42 to 46mmpr when my money motor i would run at around 56mmpr for one and the other at 53.5mmpr.

The pro strut front end is great but i have found that i am replacing springs all the time due to them collapsing, this cam make a big difference to the way the car handles. Take the springs off the car and measure them, i normally buy 10 sets and then match them up, in the last batch i bought i was amased at all the different lengths i found