R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MP9 vs 808 quality
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 12:38 PM
CarCrazy
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Since this thread is about durability I'll post this...

I finished 21 main events in a row with no DNS's running my 808 this season. While I did wear out parts,and break minor things in practice after head-on's with truggys, I have to say I am extremely impressed with my Xray. I've driven a couple MP9's recently and they handled good, but its defiantly a different buggy that the 808.

Also, I went to the 2009 US nationals with my 808 and ZERO parts in my bag, because the buggy just released a week earlier. Long story short, never even needed a part in all 5 days of racing at the NAT's. In summary if I had to say what car I thought is stronger... its the Xray, and I have the online race results to prove it. ......21 straight! I do need to say, I did break a rear hub last Saturday night in a bad crash, I actually felt weird to walk off the stand before the race was over.... I felt ripped off.. number 22 got me. LOL!

The 808 is a great car.

The MP9 is a great car.

Just keep in mind the Xray has been out for a year, so the opinions of the 808 on here are after a whole season of racing. The MP9 crowd have less "durability testing" done... LOL!

Stock these parts for racing all season

19x13 bearings 30 pack AVID or NEW version Xray
Set replacement bearings
A bulkhead
Steering link plastics
Shock ends
Arms set (change at 6-8 gallons)
Extra Pins for drive train (Change 6-8 gallons)
Screw Kit
Rear hub

(...and it still cost way less than the MP9, even with all these parts for the whole season)