R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MP9 vs 808 quality
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 08:14 AM
slaytanic
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
GDay, I am about to race my 808 as of next year when you say cvd pins are you talking about the outer pins that hold the hub on or the pins that hold the shaft into the end cup?also bearings are you talking about the diff bearings in perticular? trying to get a good backup parts list ready for 09.
cheers
The pins at the end of the cvd that go into the outdrives. You need a pin removal tool though for it. I use a Bonesaver. And you need part #106050.
I also replace the pin that keys into the front, and rear pinions and the pins for the axles. Those notch out and cuase the car to feel a bit sloppy. The pin removal tool is a bit spendy but it is a tool and you only buy it once. After that the pins are like $4 for a 10 pack. That is cheap to freshen upi your drivetrain.

As for bearings, I am a bit lazy and just swap the whole lot out for new ones every 4 or 5 race days. Probably overkill but it is cheap insurance imo. Whenever I put new onwes in I just order another set to have ready. These are just estimates. I still have a ton of used bearings that I clean and regrease as backups.