R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 03:09 PM
fatbear
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keven H
Fatbear - Thank you !! the reason why I ran such big pistons is I think when you run a very big hole piston with heavier oil, it carries more corner speed. Also, the reason why the front oil is thinner is because it is outside on the front A arm and its only 2 hole piston instead of 3. The #1 piston would be close to a 54 tho.

For mod, I ran 4 mm instead of 3 on the rear ball stud, I ran a silver ball stud front, and I ran different tires.

Carbon madness- I ran Parma Coral tires in 13.5 and sauced about 1/3 to half of the front tires. For clubracing and when the bite is lower, I would run Magenta which are just a bit stiffer. When you run a softer tires, it makes the car easier to drive and not as twitchy but on low bite magenta are better.

The car was very easy to drive and it finishes the corner very good !

Hope you guys can try it out soon and give feedback.

2 weeks after Cleveland I went to Fastcats for the Holliday challenge and I made a few changes to that setup !!! I went inside on front arm and ran 80 oil instead of 50 and leaned the shock 1 hole so it is something you guys can try but it make the car steer a little more and might be too much.

Keven

Keven, were the arm mounts in the A or B position?
And also what were your droop settings?

Thanks