R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi Truggy
Thread: Losi Truggy
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 10:47 AM
JAMMINKRAZY
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Miller_Time
Well I made the deal and now have a RTR 8ight-T in the stable I'm putting on metal shock caps and no pop ball ends from my old 1.0 roller as well.

One more question.. on tires. With the heavier truggy and bigger tires, do the same choices work on the truggy as a buggy? In other words if I run a track where bowfighters are good for my buggy could I expect the same setup to work on the truck? With the cost of these tires I'd like to keep my selection as limited as possible.

One local guy said a set of I-Beams or City blocks will hook up on all the local tracks for a truggy. Never used them on my 8b but I have seen them before.
Generally yes. Tires that would work for 1/8 should be atleast decent for truggy. Now there are some tires that may work better but the ones you ran on the buggy should work. IMO ask or look around at what other people are running at the track. If someone said those AKA tires will work try and find someone else that says the same. Generally for me if 2 or more people tell me a tire works I am willing to give it a shot. Yes truggy Tires are more expensive but IMO you don't need as many different sets and they last a lil' longer than buggy tires.