R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC8 with big bores or Losi 8ight 2.0?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 07:41 PM
PTP Racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default RC8 with big bores or Losi 8ight 2.0?

Alright guys here is the scenario.

I currently own a RC8 with Jammin big bores. Its not in bad shape but in preperation for the upcoming season Ive decided I would like to get a new buggy. Ive been racing this RC8 all year and have done really well with it but in all honesty its getting a little stale for me. Ive kinda been there done that and not sure I wanna go another year with the same car.

Before I got the RC8 I had an 8ight actually 2 of them. The first was a nightmare on the very first time on the track I was creamed head on by a Revo going to wrong way on the straight after fixing that very costly wreck I felt like I was fighting a serious loose condition and after 3 races total I sold it. After the car I bought following wore out I decided to give it another shot. The 2nd one I had was a great car that I liked very much except my carb started sticking and eventually caused a runaway OS V-Spec. Following that I got a Picco and the throttle linkage was never a problem again. I would have probably kept that car into the 2008 season had I not won a RC8 in a raffle.

After winning the RC8 in a raffle I took both cars to the track and swapped transponder and tires from one to the other. I ran my fastest lap with the 8ight and my fastest qualifier with the RC8. I couldnt decide which to keep so I offered them both for sale and took the best offer I was given. The 8ight was sold.

So here I am a year later shopping for a new car and I cant decide. The RC8 big bore deal is appealing but so is the 2.0. Ive got a RC8 I could use as spares but I could also sell it and buy a 8ight to use for spares.

Ive done really well with the RC8 but was that the car or the fact I actually stuck with a car for longer than 2-3 months. I do like how it drives and Ive found a set-up that works very well for me but I'm sure I could get a set-up for the 2.0 I like and finding that set-up would be something to occupy my mind whereas right now I am kinda bored with the RC8.

Should I stick with less expensive tried and true or spend a little more for some excitement?