R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a new truggy....advice or suggestions?
Old 12-21-2008, 01:28 AM
Ridley
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'd also stay away from the Losi. I worked with an 8T for over a year on settup, and between fixing all the nagging BS issues with the durability and the trucks inconsistency on the track, it just drove me nuts. I switched to a Kyosho ST-RR and the very next week I was over 2 seconds faster a lap than with the losi I drove for a year. The K truck is just a superior design all around IMO, and will drive better for 90% of the truggy drivers out there. Unless you drive with carpet like ultra precision the Losi is just plain unpredictable. The K truck can be pushed hard almost to the point of wreckless abandon and still hold it's line. The only other truck I would consider is the RC8T as it has shown some promise, but I honestly feel the ST-RR is about the perfect truggy if you intend to race. If bashing is your intent, its hard to beat the mugens durability, but that durability translates into a lead sled on the track.