R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - This V-spec is driving me insane.
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 01:42 AM
motomanpat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonro
Well i don't know WTF is wrong with this engine.

I took the hole engine apart cleaned it(piston has been in the correct way and no crack on the block), checked it over, reassembled.
Then did the same with the carb, took it completely apart, cleaned everything, re greased all the o rings( none are torn), reassembled.
Put the engine back in the buggy with a new plug in it and its doing the exact same thing as before.

The engine has awesome top but its like the LSN is not working at all even if i completely close it off its STILL way rich on the bottom and floods, bogs ,smokes and dies if i don't pump the throttle within 3 seconds.

How new is this engine? Did you buy it brand new and you are having this issue? If it is used at all it could be the rod. In my Vspec I had a similar problem but it was at about the 2 gallon mark.My rod started going away(I didn't know it at the time) and I was having a really hard time getting my low end to be right but it still ran and was pretty good down the straight but it kept stalling out and then I started tuning the mid,still no good! After that I went to a playday and was still having the same tuning issue so I started tuning again and then I heard a pop and it locked up. The bottom of the rod where the copper bushing is was totally trashed. Not sure if this is the same issue but if your motor has been used at all then it is something to think about since you still have pinch. Hope that helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!