R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 12:33 PM
edseb
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dizzy1
I've been using the cheap 3racing knuckles found off ebay for over a year, still haven't bent them or tweaked them. I haven't seen any other parts break from this, so it didn't seem to pass the damage to the uprights or arms. I also don't crash much, so if you track is nasty or your a real door banger, you might want to up for the better quality HPI knuckles from Japan. I also didn't notice any drop in front end grip, so there is still enough flex up front so that's not a real issue.

To be honest, I'm surprised HPI/Hot Bodies hasn't fixed this problem years ago. Coming from a Pro4, the issue started right when they introduced the knuckles with the little bubble so the steering would turn as far. Ever since then it splits knuckles down the front mold seem. I talked to Jeremy when he first started at HPI and sent him some examples, they were supposed to take a look at this to see if its and issue. Guess HPI figured they needed to keep selling knuckles!
Sorry you are having so many issues with your knuckles. I'm still running the kit ones and haven't broke any yet. Maybe its the track you run on cause the guys running the cars out here haven't really voiced that problem and there are a lot of TCs out here. Not to say some of the guys haven't broke that part, but it doesn't look unusual compared to what normally breaks in a crash. Might just be a bad string of luck. If you are talking about Jeremy Felles, he no longer works for HB, so it may have been overlooked. Just a guess.