R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hmm..
Thread: Hmm..
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 07:38 PM
CarCrazy
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rstnboy
Please take this for exactly what it is...a legitimate question asking for information. Having said that, what was it about the GRP you didn't like?
I had the GRP tuned version with the titanium coated pipe combo. To get the full story you had to know what I had been running before the GRP. Before I got the GRP, I had been running an RB Mods C6BBT7 motor. So after the break-in of the GRP was done, I began trying to get the GRP to make power like my C6, and that was never going to happen. At its best tune the GRP is a smooth running motor with ok top end, I was expecting more. After tuning constantly for about a week at every practice I could, I finally found a tune that was ok. So I ran a club race with it and ended up flaming out. I gave it a few more days, but never found anything close to a consistent tune and always had flame out issues. After selling the motor, I watched as many of my track buddies ended up doing the same exact thing. Now nearly everyone I new that ran a GRP has sold it and moved on. But hey,... Drake still runs his! LOL! After selling that motor and running OS and RB motors the rest of the year, I had a great season finishing now 20 races in a row with no DNS's in expert class. Thats my story...