R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Dynamite Platinum 21
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 03:48 AM
itsshemp
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xpertpredator
Hey guys I have a Dynamite Platinum 21 motor that I am running in my D8. I was wondering if any of you guys who are running the motor have had to tune the mid range needle on it. I have as I am trying to get some bottom end out of it. What could I do to get more bottom end out of this motor? I currently am using the stock carbon clutch shoes that came with the D8 along with the stock 1.0 springs. Will aluminum clutch shoes improve the bottom end? If so what shoes do you guys recommend? Also will the aluminum shoes used for a mugen mbx5r fit , I was given a set by a close friend to try, but I haven't had time to take apart the clutch yet to see if it will fit. Oh, and I am using a losi re10 pipe with this motor.
Hey dude. this is Danny.

Assuming you are not getting a lean bog, and your tune is good, you can try to trim a little off the tip of the carbon shoes, and run some 1.1 springs. Im not familiar with the Dynamite engine, but you may be able to gain some bottom end snap this way.
As for the mid setting on the carb, personally I normally leave them at the factory setting. If i mess with it at all, I never have to turn it more than a 1/2 hr in either direction. I only use it to smooth out the transition from low speeds to high, if I cant get it by using the LSN.
Someone else may have another opinion on this though.