R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OS Speed drivability
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 10:56 PM
hobdog
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well I guess it is the 2060 I will try next, along with the readjusted mid needle and see how it goes. I knew that there would be a solution to this. The speed is to popular, and with the price tag it carries, it has to be as smooth as everone says it is. I am intersted in a winter time eb mods head insert, but I would like to find a driveable solution to the speed I am running before looking for more hp. Lets talk mechanical pinch. Like I said I purchase the engine with my truggy which was said to be 1 1\2 gallons old (truck and engine). I keep hearing about the engine loosening up and the pinch going away around 2 gallons. What is exactly ment by that? With the plug out, my engine has a slight amount of tdc pinch. Very easy to turn by hand. It has performed excellent since I have had it. Besides being a bit squirley it is fast with alot of bottom end for a .21. When is a good time to either replace the piston and sleeve or get a pinch (which a pinch is what i am leaning to since the last pinch I got worked really well. The rod on this engine was supposedly replaced after break in so it can't be many gallons old (2 gallons at most) ). I would like to get this engine in tip top shape for next summer as I plan on running alot of races on it.