R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Any Joliet - LeisureHours racers around here?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:21 AM
GeraldRisch
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default You must be mistaken

Been going out there the past 2 years, mostly On-road, but have run indoors and outdoors in the dirt. Really great tracks, location is not so great. Have not had any issues on practice days. Generally, they are relatively quiet. Sunday race days can get a little heated. Yes, usually the fastest guys complain the most because they have the most money invested (time included). Was running my little 1/16 scale Mini Inferno buggy out there and got squashed like a bug during a rookie qualifier. A 1/8 Truggy that weighed 4 times my weight crushed me. Funny as hell, and it happens. Lighten up a little and spend more time on practice days and learn to drive cleaner and faster. Lastly, play nice. This is a hobby to most people. If you expect places like this great track to survive, everybody needs to get along with another and drop the attitudes. These are not money races, only local bragging between buddies. Enough said. In conclusion, the track(s) at LeisureHoursRaceway in Joliet are top notch. Well maintained and plenty of area for pit repairs. Just wish it was closer to my house than 85 miles (each way).