R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need clutch advice
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 05:31 PM
bjr48
Tech Regular

How often are you needing to clean up the edges of the shoes on these M2C 4 shoes? We have 8 hour practice sessions on non race Saturdays and I, like everyone else, take full advantage of the whole day and are there for about 9+ hours. Not that you drive the whole time but I've come close to using a whole gallon in one day many times. On a race Saturday I only get to practice a little in the monring and then we have two 5 min qulifiers and a 10 min main. Not very stressfull. I'm torturing my ride actually during practice days. I'm not going to put up with doing clutch maintenance on a good practice day when you are able to just enjoy driving all day instead of wrenching. Those days DO happen

Yes I think I do want the added punch of aluminum but they seem to have a lot of tradeoffs. Stick with me a little longer and I'm considering it. I have a few more questions. I started this becuase I took the advice from the last threads on shoes and went back to both the Answer RC and M2C web sites and realized they were both aluminum. I never got to the M2C springs page. They ARE different. They are shorter. Do they still wrap around the shoes the same and they are shorter or are they a totally new design as far as where they mount? Can't find a pic of the whole system put together.

So I get the whole 4 shoe flywheel, shoe, spring setup from M2C and add a Kyosho CB? Just how different is their stuff? I didn't really pick up on that from the simple web page. I just thought everyone like them because they were simply good and lots of options

I AM paying attention to the good carbon shoe responses too, thanks!

...I forgot to check Amain for Kyosho stuff. They still carry 777 stuff. They are sometimes cheaper than Kyo direct. When some people were complaining that the Fironi was easily $70 and saying this was a pricey setup I'm thinking I must be doing something wrong if I'm going to dump more than that into a traditional style clutch setup. I was getting a list of hardware Friday off the 777 exploded view because at least the first 777's were still using the same clutch bell that came on the MP-6! MP6 used the 2 shoe clutch with the single wrap around spring. 777's used Kyo alum. shoes stock. I need to see what the MP9 guys are using to compare what the K cars are doing now. I have an exploded veiw at work...