R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen or Xray that is the question.
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 06:46 PM
butch man
Tech Master

Last car was a MBX5R & was pretty good after tweaking & lots of setup time. My 808 felt better out of the box for what I like handling wise. I also thought the mugen was top dog of reliability till I got the 808. Theres a new sheriff in town boys. I have a few new mugens at my track & several have broken but I wasnt watching them when they broke & not sure what it was except for something in the front upper arm. My friend that races the 6 tells me they are gonna be putting a fix for the front of the mugen in the box on the next shipment so what ever it was should not happen anymore. I swapped cars with my buddy one day & my 808 had more rear traction than his 6 but other than that they felt the exact same with our respective setups. I would go 808 now that I know, but really for someone that isnt brand loyal yet just flip a coin. Oh yea around 5 gal on my 808 now with no slop & no breaks. I do mail order parts for the 808 but I also had to with the mugen so that makes no difference to me.