R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 11:44 AM
fast-ho-cars
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i had no luck with my D5 10x1 in my 12th. tried cutting the brushes, grn springs then blue, timing 0 to 5deg adv, receiver pack.............motor is a power hog. haven't tried changing the hoods to use smaller brushes

Had a Reedy TI 10x2 same as D5 ....

i had been running Trinity D3.5 11x3, it make killer time, and i thought it was great. until it puffed this past Saturday. i put in a Orion 11X2 touring motor in my 12th. put Orion Sprint brushes on it along with 7oz sliver springs. Motor was glass smooth on/off the throttle, made time hands down and upped my lap total by 2 two over anything previously turned. all motors i previously run compared to this were over torqued/responsive and the Orion had the best RPM band ever.

Orion was my last choice because i'm not impressed with the Orion stock motor i got for my TC. for me a $30 paperweight.

for last 3 months the guy winning all (99%) has been running a Orion 10x2 with the above set-up and was bragging to the rafters. i was always like..........yeah right. was on the verge of getting a KR..........now i'm glad i didn't

Last edited by fast-ho-cars; 09-17-2003 at 12:29 PM.