R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!
Old 11-29-2008, 10:26 PM
hakmazter
Tech Elite

So, a month ago, I put out the team drivers thread and got a lot of results. Prior to that, we were doing ok in Florida thanks to holeshot hobbies and we were doing ok in Texas. Of course, we do good in Iowa since we are from here. Other than that, we do not really exist. Ever since the SIC race thread, we have been gaining steam and it seems like sponsoring races works for us and the results, even with the controversy couldn't have worked out better for us. As a result, we have sponsored a few other races. My partner just went down to the RC Pro finals and took 4th in expert or pro with a jacked up radio. I honestly think he would have won it if he would have had his old one, but that does not matter as it is water under the bridge. What we have learned is that if we get a driver or 2 in an area and they start to do better than they did before or if they let others at the tracks drive them, everyone decides Casters are nice and suddenly are legitimate.

I put up the thread solely to expand into other states to gain attention. Selling products at our cost when figuring shipping is better advertising for us than a magazine ad. Now, there will be a lot more attention for 2009 and we will continue to expand.

It is much harder than you think to bring a new product into the marketplace, especially if you are not in the good old boys club, but the tide is starting to turn for us.

As for stores, Nitrocountryrc was our first customer and he really hasn't done anything with it, holeshothobbies sells a lot for us. Hobbytownusa in Omaha has picked up a few things and moved them, hobby haven in Des Moines sells a lot of Caster, there are a few other hobbytowns that are picked up and modhobby picked us up. Stormerhobbies is talking to us now. Once a few "reputable" places pick us up, we will be legitimized. If it happens tomorrow, that is fine, if it is next year, that is ok, too.