R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2003, 09:01 AM
Randy Caster
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
ay wats up evo3 owners. i have a severe tweek issue. when i am driving, no matter how soft the hit is, whenever i brush up against a pipe or something my car just becomes tweeked and it feels crap to drive.

i set it up well before a race but even the smallest hit tweeks the car, leading it to pull to one side under hard acceleration.

is this due to my top plate tweeking? would i benefit from countersinking the top deck screws? the crashes ushually aren't that big....well sometimes yeah, but the last time i tweeked it it occured brushing (litteraly) against a pipe!

what bit size do i need to counter sink the top deck?

i use the square alloy mid mounts with the nylon middle part.
pm or respond here please! i t drives me nuts. i have to drive like surikarn every heat... I CAN'T DO IT!
Well until you can drive like Surikarn, I'd give countersinking the top deck a shot... Just use a regular countersink bit, and only go until the screw is flush. If you go too deep, you might not be able to tighten it all the way, because you'd be trying to tighten the bottom of the flathead screw into the posts. If you dont go deep enough, it looks like ass

Also, before you run, make sure all of your screws are tight on basically anything that could tweak. I know on my Surikarn at least, there's a lot of aluminum to thread into, without loctite, the screws do have a chance of vibrating loose.