R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC12R5
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Sean Cochran
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ffejdat
If you are running any of the wheels that are currently being sold it is un-necessary.

Sean- I am running CRC rims on my 12R5 and I cnnot get the axle centered, and under legal width. running one thin shim on the right, and none on the left, it is about 171.9 mm or so wide with CRC wheels, offset too much to the left that way, I solved the problem by narrowing up the left side hub's inside shoulder a little, now it can be cntered, and under legal width, and shimmed out to legal if wanted... just my observation with my car....

I didn't get a reason for why they made the different cross brace support they were running. Maybe they bent the stand offs during testing and wanted something beefier.
The two standoffs to me are one of the weak parts in the kit, seems like soft aluminum, and very easy to strip. I myself ended up using longer screws on the standoffs, and a screw all the way thru the shock ball to make it much more secure and reliable... All in all, some very minor things to an AWSOME car, I love mine so far, had a bad servo saver that gave me some funny handling and tracking, but solved now and ready to go![/QUOTE]

Are Frank's wheel the 0 offset type? I haven't seen those wheels recently. Your solution of narrowing the hub is proper, sorry you had to do that though.