R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - D8 or 808, mbx6, mp9, 2.0
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 11:46 PM
CarCrazy
Tech Addict

+2
Yep, I finished 17 races in a row with my 808, no DNS/DNF's! I can keep my spare parts in one 1/2 full freezer zip lock bag. With this buggy you have time to see what you need to order, because things wear out before they break. I've NEVER broken an arm, and rarely need any parts at all. Screws, Bearings, and Clutch parts, thats about it. Stock $200 dollars worth of exotic parts.... LOL,.. ya right, wont need that if you run Xray.

Also its good to support LHS, but they aren't located at every track, in fact very few tracks out here in CA have fully stocked shops at them. Most racers bring what they need with them to run. I'm past the point of backing local hobby shops at my own expense,... yep,.. over it. This weekend I walked into my LHS to pick up a 15 tooth clutch bell (in any brand),... nope didn't have one, and you would think thats a simple thing to stock..! So I went home, ordered the exact part I wanted for less money online. Its just the way things are going, and I race too much to rely purely on my LHS's for all my gear.

Pick the car you want to run and get behind the brand, but stick to the tried and tested models.

just my $.00000001 cents... LOL!