R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 08:32 PM
vadn1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Erchur
vadn1

I have not driven either car, but I'll have to agree with your recommendation based on specs. The DM1 out of the box appears to have nicer features (i.e., three shoe clutch, aluminum shocks, more adjustments for roll center etc.).

I like both cars and I am still undecided which one to get. Ultimately it will come down to what cars are mostly run at your local track since you are able to share spare parts when needed. The jury is still out at Mike's as to the GT crowd car of choice.

If I decide to get IGT2 then I would have to upgrade the features (or lack of) that bug me the most (i.e., plastic shocks and two shoe clutch).

Thanks for the advice.
Eduardo,
If you can come out to the track, Mike Hobby shop, tomorrow, Nov 16th, Elton and I will be out there form 10am to 3pm for open practice. I know you are in Katy and it is a bit of a drive but if you come out and look at the cars closely and see the difference then it might help you decide. Elton has the IGT2 and the DM-1, yes he has both, so he is the man who would know the difference btwn the two cars. Come out I will let you drive my DM-1.

From my understanding the new IGT2 comes with aluminum shocks and the 2 shoe clutch is very good, but doesn't compare to the three shoe clutches.