R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 11-13-2008, 09:19 AM
mxrich
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I guess it's Ofisshul now, Vyger has more F1's than me. Maybe more 103's than Tamiya! Not sure if he has more than Alphacat but it would be fun to see the results of that comparison.
Now, as for the Chevron stuff my understanding is that they do no make cars but they do make kits to upgrade them and very detailed bodies. The TRG's and other F103 clones can be seen at www.d-drivesportsenglish.com . Of those I favor the Tech-Racing version since it seems to have all the right stuff on it.
Which leads to another question. Will Tamiya allow the older F103's to compete in the TCS events? How could they stop them since they are the same car? I will purchase the RM model, not sure about the new bling edition though. I think Tamiya should welcome all who wish to compete.
For all the local races I have the new MLP V103 which is miles ahead in technology and based on the 103's but the only Tamiya stuff on it is the front a-arms and shock. Marty will have the MP 3/8 which is the same car but uses the Tamiya axles front and rear but with a better chassis and rear pod. Not even close to TCS rules but much better for local stuff.
I can't wait for the TCS here in the states again but keeping track of what everyone is driving at the local level is what I would like to hear about. Lot's of cars out there to chose from. By the way, have any of you seen the new Alpha's? Very smooth cars and track well on any surface. A couple of them came to the F1 race in Atlanta and put down consistent TQ laps in every heat.