R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OCM KAOS DOMINATING
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Mauve
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile OCM Kaos EVO Pro

G'day guys.

There where some earlier teething issues with some OCM quality control. Manurfacturing of the vehicle has since been moved and a number of components have been reworked to fix issues. Diffs are now almost bullet proof, plastics are very strong and very rarely break. OCM is a fledgling company that is slowly build up steam. Unfortunately for you guys in the USA, I can't tell you which series parts are being sold over there but the latest generation is brilliant. After a lot of fuel and harsh treatment, my buggy has broken 1 front A arm after repeated really bad hits and horrendously bad landings. The 4th Gen EVO is awesome.

Here is a post from one of OCM's owners on the Nitroaddicts forum after a similar series of posts there from our American Bretheran

Hi guys,

1st off Thankyou Mauve for your suport.

A little history lesson here for the guys that have doubt in regards to OCM and our commitment to the RC market place.

Basically OCM is in 4th Generation now. The following is how things have turned :-
1st Gen was China made and the Consistency of materials used and made by china was impossible to track and this hurt OCM' production models..The major issue was all metal driveline components. China's bad consistency made it impossible for OCM to put what was designed on paper on the track and what made it even worse was the fact that some components were good and some were bad but it was impossible to check by looking at them.
2nd Generation, OCM moved to Taiwan and remade pretty much everything metal and sent out a free of charge care pack to the customers that baught the initial china car which included new gears etc.
3rd Generation, OCM now had very good reputation with the build but guys wanted it to jump and handle better so EVO upgrade kit and then EVO Kit was made (kit form)
4th Generation, OCM were finding customers much prefered a pre built buggy and it was decided as shipping will cost more for a pre-built buggy, it would be good to have some nice additions. The additions were new bulkheads(no shims needed) that would not flex, no matter how much load applied, new lighter diff cases, new longer wing stay/ new high downforce wing, new wheels and new steering tie rod ends. (had reports of earlier ones breaking) and new Centre diff mount which allowed the centre diff with discs to be removed as one unit, yet would clip into place nicely when reassembling. This has now been further improved upon with new arms front and rear.

I can honestly hold my hand on my heart and say the buggy we at OCM have out now which is only a year and bit old company is up there with the best of em.

I can't think of one manufacturer that didn't have issues with there 1st ever buggy but now with most of them is old history and is forgotten about. This is what we at OCM are now trying to achieve and with our new technologies and our commitment to quality and the race market, this should be very achievable for us..

OCM Racing is owned and operated by Didian, Theo and now Myself. No owners have left the company but when we left manufacturing in China and moved to Taiwan a lot of people did think the owners had changed as the car's got that much better.

The American Market has not been forgotten about either, but we do have to take our time in chosing the absolute best distributor for the US market and one that mirrors OCM's commitment to service , growth and customer satisfaction.

Kind Regards

Kev Lewis

OCM Racing

For any of you that are having hiccups with shimming the older diffs or are looking for information and great setup guides for different track conditions, there is quite a bit of information on OCM's website http://www.ocmracing.com.au in the forums section.

No matter what you drive, I wish you all successful racing and hope your cars go like a scun cat.

Cheers

Mike