R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ninja JX21 or O.S. 21VZ-B V-Spec-T (P)
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Toycar5
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=robbdny;5014258] I was told by GRP that the MR Ninjas and the GRPs are the same mill. /QUOTE]

Well you are wrong. The new GRP engines are similar to the Ninja engines. The most obvious difference is the crank bore. The bo1a is huge versus the small GRP. Power characterics are even more different. The bo1a has a okay bottom and better mid with and a good top whereas the GRP is crap down low and slightly better mid and good top. The GRP is super smooth and the Ninja is more explosive.

I had the Bo1a and a friend has the GRP tuned. We all prefer the OS speed over the GRP. We were out last week with our MBX6s mine with a speed and a friend with the ninja JX. The speed has more bottom and the JX more top. I spin the tires and he gets me at the end of the straights. I have 2 Ninja JX engines waiting in the box.

Both engines are good. Can't go wrong with either but I would choose the JX. For a lite weight like th 808 a JX for sure. Too much bottom end like the Vspec or speed will eat pinion gear bearings. I think the JX will give you a broader powerband for that buggy. There were 5 of us with the 808 last year all with differnt engines. I had the speed and others with Grp tuned, Vspec, C6 l2g, and JX. 3 of us felt the Jx had the best powerband for the 808. If you can wait I hear the V-Spec is to be redesigned for 2009. I heard talk of a 5 port.

Last edited by Toycar5; 11-04-2008 at 08:49 PM.