R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Another reason to chose XRAY...
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 03:11 PM
Sam-E
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Is there a positive person on earth?

The more info you have, the better choice you can make.

Setup sheets 'How-To':
Find setup sheets that were made on tracks that have the same characteristics as yours and which setups use the same tires you do on your track.

Once you narrowed it down to similar surface and tires used, you can look at those setups and see what they all have in common, because certain things will stand out that are common on a majority of them.

You then put that setup on your car, and tweak from there.

Setups exist to get ballpark ideas for certain track conditions, because there are as many surfaces/conditions to run on as there are Whataburger combinations, which makes for a daunting task when you put a car together from a bag of parts that you want to perform its best first time out.

If you take time to look at their setup collection, they are organized and you can only show ones from factory driver's or from just customers, etc...
I agree with you and it is probably the reason I wouldn't ask 80% of people in these forums the time of day, let alone for help.

As for the setup sheets not only do xray provide the setup sheets but more importantly there is also a plethora of information on how to setup your buggy both on the xray website and in the manual.

I race Mugen and in my opinion the quality of the kits is as good as xray but the annoying thing is the lack of information and setup help.