R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 04:11 PM
crazysavage
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Can someone tell me the chassis different between the DM1 Spec Pro kit (roller) and the DM1 Spec RTR kit....?

I know the RTR has the $20 radio and servo and the Mercedes body...but I am more interested to know does the DM1 Spec Pro (roller only) has extra options on the kit itself that RTR kit does not...

Trying to compare price now...may be I would pay alittle more to buy the KIT version and add the $150 .28 force motor and get the body that I want, instead of getting that ugly Mercedes body, some no use tires, no use radio system and save $20-30 only...

Thanks guys...from what I am looking @ OFNA site, seems like the KIT version is the same as the RTR version except using the Protoform body, no engine, no pipe set and that radio system....everything else (about the chassis) are the same....correct?
The ARR has the tires/wheels unglued with 100k fluid in the front diff and 50k in the rear. 80wt oil in the shocks and the unpainted PF8 body. The RTR has unknown shock oil and grease in the diffs. Do to the parts forming methods of Hong Nor, you get almost every high wear part on the car in duplicate with the ARR version. My ARR required very little adjustment to get it to the reccomended chassis settings.The RTR body actually has very good balance with front/rear down force and has been raced with success. Most of our customers recognize it as a Merc. and like it pretty much. It is very different from the merc like body on the GTP2. The only useable part of the radio servo package is the switch if you use them. The other difference with the two is the RTR has a metal disk with standard pads and the ARR has the Jammin fiber disk with bare metal pads. Things I liked about the car in general is the 2 peice diff mount, the ball and cup type sway bars, easy and plentiful chassis adjustments, pillow ball front and rear, proven and smooth aluminum shocks that build up easy and consistent, unglued tires so at least you have a fresh set of wheels to add the rubber of your choice, and the top of line 2 speed tranny with durable shoes instead of the harsh shifting dog type 2 speed.