R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 04:07 AM
Gerd
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Low_E
Well, i used to drive a One-way in my 416 but wanted to try out the spool.

I had leant my spool to a mate (since running One-way) and he gave me new one in return later when his ordered parts arrived.
I opened the bag, assembled the spool and mounted it into my 416 ... and did a final test-run before hitting home again.
When I took the car off the track we noticed some damage into the cars front suspension, but we had to leave.
Once at home, It was clear that the left-outdrive (plastic) was completely destroyed.
It seemed that Front the Upper Bulckheads touched these outdrives.
+ the ball connector for the camber-link was a tiny bit to lang, sticking out on the bottom, and making some nasty scratches on the metal rings on the outdrives.

On this picture you can notice the scratched metal rings that go over the outdrives + the veryyy tight fit.

I disasembled the spool, assembled a new outdrive ... but it's clearly a VERY tight fit.
I allready turned the K-part one notch, to lower the spool a tiny bit, ... but I don't think that this is the solution.
so ... where did I go wrong?

Or did my mate bought the wrong spool? I thought about this, but can't check. I threw away the package at the track. Besides, it's Grooveman, a guy with a GREAT Tamiya-knowledge and -wisdom so it would surprise me if he made a mistake.
You made the same mistake as I did
Just flip the K-part and you have enough clearance between the outdrives and the ball connector