R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Wear on rtr buggys as oposed to kit buggys?
Old 10-27-2008, 02:51 AM
hugh_b
Tech Apprentice

Default Wear on rtr buggys as oposed to kit buggys?

Hi guy's, i have a kyosho inferno sports mk3, i had my first race yesterday and it was very wet and muddy. Stripped the car down this morning and found metal filings under the rear diff, the teeth have worn on the gears drastically and will all need replacing! Not only this but the shocks need a rebuild as the front's seem to have collapsed during the racing yesterday. There is also a small number of other bits i need that have worn.

My question is, would this amount of wear be the same on a higher end buggy for example losi 8ight etc? I'm only a beginner but don't really want to have to keep pouring money into a rtr buggy that will be worth next to nothing when i come to upgrading later on. I appreciate it's only a sport buggy and maybe i'm expecting too much from it but by the time i have bought all the genuine kyosho parts i need it seems a bit of a false economy to spend lots of money upgrading diffs etc when i can get a buggy such as a losi 8ight at a great price off the net!

Any views/opinions/help appreciated.

Thanks-Hugh