View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 07:10 AM
Josh Hohnstein
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by MTRezNIN
Looking for suggestions (TC5R).....

I'm running rubber tire, carpet, 13.5T, Lipo, Spool up front

I have the battery weighted to exactly match the electronics. I am running the kit setup for rubber tire with only the upper rear shock mount moved in one hole.

My steering is very unpredictable in the turns, it seems often the car completely breaks loose or oversteers in the center to exit of a turn and I plug the pipe every time. Could it be something as simple as braking in the LRP TC Spec?

Should I be running no brake, no initial brake with the spool up front?

Thanks!

The settings for stock that I run are 1 - 8 - 2 - 2 on the lrp speedo......I don't think I have ever had a reason to change from that.

As for the oversteer........this might be a result of the spool and too much dual rate in the radio. That can make the car feel like it wants to keep turning when you get on the gas and try to straighten out.

A quick fix would be to add some rear toe and dial some dual rate out of the radio.

My suggestion would be to ditch the kit setup and go with one of the team setups.

I would try the Rick Hohwart setup posted on the associated web site.

If not....I have a setup posted a few pages back on this thread that I used for 13.5 rubber at vegas and stock rubber nats........it seems to work very well.

Josh Hohnstein