R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC 1/10 Pan Car
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 06:39 AM
johnnywhopper
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Still Bill
I will be debuting my Gen-X 10 this coming weekend at the Region 12 Asphalt Regionals at Ripon Raceway. The car will be setup with a Novak 13.5 motor, SMC 5000 lipo, Alfa Sophia GT body and Jaco Purple/Pinks.

Does anyone have any initial setup suggestions for this package on asphalt? Currently, all springs installed are the stock ones that came with the Gen-X 10 kit.

I am particularly concerned about the stock spring on the Losi center shock. It appears to be too short for this application; and, easily gets cockeyed when the suspension unloads. Any suggestions?

Many thanks.
Hey Bill, the first thing i would do is to check your rear pod droop. you only want 1 - 2 mm of droop at the most. i believe, with the stock ball cups, the shock allows the pod to travel farther than that. you may want to thread the ball end farther up the shock shaft to reduce the droop and then the spring won't leave the cup as much.

I don't know if i can help you in regards to a good asphalt setup. i only have one race on the car on asphalt and that was with the 235mm kit, lipos, and a 4.5 motor.

for 200mm, on medium bite carpet, we haven't been changing that much on the stock setup. mainly, we swap the white and red springs, so white is in the front and red is in the rear, and we run max caster on the front end (shims all the way back). 4 cell pack all the way to the front, or in the middle for a little more steering. running it all the way back seems to make the car really aggresive and swings the rear end of the car around in the corner.

hope this helps...

John