R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OS Speed vs. The new Ninja JX21
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 11:14 AM
CarCrazy
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by allan42r
it really doesnt make a diff who's names you want to put in your post the reply wasnt really a stab at you, but your saying that your so fast and smooth that the $500 speed isnt fast enough.more power,explosive power = wheel spin. i've been to some electric races where the stock class are turning almost the same lap times as the mod. the straight is important to have a car handle well but the infield( turns ) is where you will make up the most time. coming off of corners is the key to fast laps,making your straight as long as pos. and getting as much power to the ground with out just lighting up the tires.
It does make a difference who your racing with... and this isnt electric.

I agree, traction & getting power to the ground is very important, and I think the OS Speed does this best. However when running with factory drivers, you have to know they have their motors "right on the edge", and will gain 6-10 feet on you after mid way down the straight if your not tuned the same, or have equivalent power. Now ad this up.. (10' feet x 10 laps),.... thats a 100' feet they picked on you just on the straight, purely because they have more power. On the infield,.. and on your best day, you might hang with them for a lap, but then you hit the straight and they gain with nothing but better equipment, its just disappointing. Thats what I'm up against.... so do I need something with a bit more power on the mid and top..... YES! LOL!