R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 11:01 PM
garen
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sandfan85
Hey R2, I am considering buying a dm1 spec, after seeing them run at the GLARCRC regionals we had here a couple of weeks ago. My question is this; are there any sort of rules these guys are running under or is just "run what you brung". I saw several different motor/pipe combos (.21 & .28). As someone stated in a earlier post, I not interested in buying 2 or 3 $400 to $500 motors. I thought someone had said that they had to be pull start type motors. Anyways if you have any info on some of the rules here in region 12 that would be great.
Here in SoCal and in Vegas, the rules are pretty much 'run what you brung'. You don't need to spend a whole lot of money on motor(s); some of the 'RTR' level .28 motors are plenty fast and there are plenty of inexpensive Italian made .21 engines if you prefer to go that route. You do not have to have a pull/drill start on the motor.
You have a couple of weeks to get your car and head down to gas for the Paris Memorial, we are expecting a large (well at least large for west coast standards) turnout for the GT class.