R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - World GT Club Racing - To spec or not to spec is the question????
Old 10-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Taz_S
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Pro 10 car (yes world GT not a good name but it is a Pro 10 car. Putting a GT body on a TC it still a TC).

Get the fact straight! The class did not die because it was too fast. It slowed down because of company stop supporting it!!!!! What they want is to push TC. TC needs more parts to run and more part to sell. Pro 10 never need all the hope up that TC need.

You do not need to buy a bunch of a-arms to replace when you brush the wall. Then you have the new hop up that come out a week later that is a must have, New block, light drive shafts, pulleys, new a-arms. Then you have a new car ever 6 mon.

Then you get some saying “it’s a motor and battery war”. It 100 times more imports in TC then in Pro 10 to have a new motor and battery. In Pro 10 you do not need the best motor or battery. I keeping up with year old batters when ever one’s running new Lipo’s and 4 cells.

The part most needed for the car is bodies and tires.

If you like AE or Trinity (before they buy TRC) you did not make to much money off cars. You sell one to someone and it last a long time. You might need a new T-plate or diff parts but not like the money pit that TC are.

Jaco, TRC, protoform or Bolink: where doing well on the most use parts on a Pro 10.

2nd
Then it did not help the roar change the rules form you had to run one class per car at Nat’s. So if you want more track time you had to run Pro 10, 1/12th and TC. When they took that rule out you saw a drop in Pro 10 and 1/12th. Guess what, after that you see a lot more doing the stock and 19t TC or 19t and Mod TC.

Some will say the drop it from the Nat’s because no one signs up.

Yes the last year they ran on carpets they did not get that many but that was for MOD. Where you look at Nat’s you see stock and 19t/spec mod are bigger classes. So if it would have stay as a stock or 19t class it would have grown. This one thing that made the class slowed down.

Last it is a pro 10 class; GT is Gas truck in the RC. One guy come up to my as me about the car we running I said it a Pro 10 and the other on the track was a world GT car. His came back I though GT was a Gas Truck.