R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 03:50 PM
bubbles
Tech Regular

Originally posted by TurnNBurn
Hi Guys,

I did a search in this thread and I couldn't find an answer to what I wanted to know, so I thought I'd go ahead and ask. BTW, someone posted a few weeks ago asking if anyone besides Yokomo and IRS made a spool for the TC3 - Dragon R/C makes one, as a matter a fact, believe that Mark Pavidis has used it from time to time... Anyway, back to my question?

Can anyone give me quick pointers on when a one-way or spool should be used? I've never tried using one (actually, I don't have either yet), so I'd like to know what situations I should be thinking about using one or the other vs. a diff... Thanks!
well it all depends on which oneway you are using, the yok hd, or the original one from ae.

with the yok, i like to use steed cvd's to prevent from ever loosing an outdrive

with the ae(it is older) you should use any metal cvd(ie. aluminum, steel)

never use composite!(or if you do, be VERY careful while driving, if you snap one, you lost an outdrive which is 22$)

spool i guess use the same thing, but use the steel ones(like the oneway, the drivetrain does not "give" at all so once the wheel hits the ground, and your on the gas, it will put a strained twist on the cvd)

differences, the spool pushes a lot more than the oneway entering the corners, while it is the same while exiting the corners