R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OS Speed vs. The new Ninja JX21
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 11:28 AM
allan42r
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarCrazy
Ummmm... yes! I run against Drake, Kody King, Ryan Lutz, Mike Truhe, and all of team Losi on a weekly basis at Revs. Last week it was Drake and Colby, this week its Kody King and Ryan Lutz. Wouldn't you want all the help you can get. I'm a privateer running with these guys, so everything has to be perfect to even finish on the same lap as them (rarely happens). Heck even making the A-main with them is nearly impossible these days, we have so many good semi Pro B-team racers here. Drivers from other regions don't understand, that out here in Southern California our Sportman class drivers our nearly Expert or Pro level, and our fast privateer/Expert Locals are like Pro level back east. This is the 1/8th RC mecca and its going year round! If you race here in Expert/Pro class you know what I mean. So, I'm going to say yes that at my local track I am that good (for a privateer), and need a modded speed so these super-star Pros dont pull me on the straight. Its bad enough that I cant hang with them in the infield!
it really doesnt make a diff who's names you want to put in your post the reply wasnt really a stab at you, but your saying that your so fast and smooth that the $500 speed isnt fast enough.more power,explosive power = wheel spin. i've been to some electric races where the stock class are turning almost the same lap times as the mod. the straight is important to have a car handle well but the infield( turns ) is where you will make up the most time. coming off of corners is the key to fast laps,making your straight as long as pos. and getting as much power to the ground with out just lighting up the tires.