R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RB questions
Thread: RB questions
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 06:01 AM
bjr48
Tech Regular

Wow. $60 conrods!
I'm sick of spending $30 here, $20 there on parts for crap engines. I was hoping that spending the money would be worth it. Sounds like from everything I read it will be. I'd rather spend twice my old budget and get a engine that will last more than twice the life of a poorly made cheap one. If I have to buy 2 engines and replace internals in the mean time to get through the same amount of run time as one that was more expensive but never has to be heavily maintained I'll be way ahead in the long run. And SO much happier to boot. I've just got to overcome my paranoia of expecting things going wrong sooner than expected and remember to inspect the engine inside regularly. I've learned a few things the hard way that I never discovered by reading forums - I was too busy outside bashing. I guess the information was there for me but secrets to longevity and preventing failure is not covered in the magazines I used to read. They only cover tuning and replacing stuff. Now that I am racing, things wear quicker and I need to learn the finer details of total maintenance. This past season has been very beneficial for me and I think I finally know enough to keep myself going for a long time.
vladconnery - Thanks for all of the tips.