R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2001, 04:46 PM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Tires aren't trued to race diameter at the factory because some people who just run on the street or for fun want the most tire life. I took Josh Cyrul's recommendations for 1/12th scale tire diameter off of TTT and the my carpet knife was much better than when I just ran the car for fun with the kit tires. I trued down my race tires and the car was on rails.

I might try the new Parma body. Anyone have any experience with it in comparison to the Protoform Nissan?

To all CRC Carpet Knife racers: I used 100wt oil in the side tubes when I first built the car. Calandra was out of Hydradrive fluid. The car went pretty good, but needed more corner speed. The rear end was too soft. I called Calandra and ordered the red side springs, silver and copper VCS micro springs and the Hydradrive fluid. The car with 40wt in the shock with the copper spring and Hydradrive fluid and red side springs makes a world of a difference compared to the out of box setup. I also tried .018" front springs and the kit supplied .020" are better. Good luck and happy holildays everyone.