R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RB questions
Thread: RB questions
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 07:35 PM
bjr48
Tech Regular

Default A little more...

Well, thanks for the encouragement I was told to also look at GRP and Dynamite but so far I'm sticking with RB as #1 choice
Before this post gets pushed to the bottom of the pile...

RAlmeida - can you point me to the oil that you are adding to your fuel?

I read on the RB forums that if you can afford to go up to the S5 vs. the S3 that it's well worth it but I am a little afraid of matching the engine to my track now that it has come down to making sure I get what I want. Our local track is smallish for 1/8 scale. I would guess that the straight is 60-75' long? The rest I need torque for short runups to clear the jumps. I did do OK with my OS VG21 on jumping but was usually coming up short. If I got the right line and had the bottom end lean enough I could just triple, etc. Any RB should have much more power but what is the powerband and power difference between the S5 and S3?
I was also told in another thread that my 9886 pipe should make top end power and I wasn't worried since I thought the RB S5 would have power everywhere compared to my OS and would help make up a little time on the straight during a race or whatever. What should I really be focusing on here??
Also, do you stick to stock plugs for the S5 or S3? What works good?