R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Korey Harbke
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You can try going down to a softer spring to create a little more rear grip. I've been testing something the last few times I was at the track though...

In high speed corners where you turn one direction, then turn the other way a number of times, it really jacks weight around the car. Sometimes our cars aren't setup to come back to center (not rolled over) quite as fast as we like. When all the weight is transferred to one side and it doesn't spring back, or "transition" quick enough, the car can get unstable and spin out a little erratically.

So to solve this, you can try going to a little thicker swaybars. I know it sounds weird, but usually when I put thicker swaybars all around on my car is made the car turn in a little harder, but actually made the car more stable throughout the corner at the same time.

So, try going softer on the rear spring and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then go back to what you had before and try thicker swaybars all around. It'll help settle the weight transfer down a bit.

Also check your tires. I notice when my tires are getting a little worn out my car will do some weird things like you describe. If you continue to have problems, post your setup and we can take a look at it again.

-Korey