R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Hyper_Mike
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Hey, while I've got you here, Mike, it was M Grips you were running at all 4 corners, right? They seems to allow just enough slip on the carpet. Very nice.

Jim
Yea, I was running M-Grip Radials on all 4 corners. It was a total experiment as I had only ever run the slicks and the kit tires (are they S-Grip?) until I read somewhere that someone was running M-Grips, which I had never even really heard about. I honestly don't understand the range of tires available from Tamiya Anyway, I ordered a number of sets with firm and soft inserts (black and the blue ones from Tamiya) and glued up a set between the first and second heats. My car has NEVER been that hooked up before! It was a little tricky in that if my line was less than perfect or I came into a corner a little too hot the car traction rolled, but when I drove good lines the car carried insane corner speed. I ran 1 firm insert up front and 1 soft insert in the rear and used no traction compound.

I'm thinking I'll have to try out a swaybar up front just try to deal with the traction rolling and make the car just a little bit more forgiving. Anybody have any experience with the swaybars and their effectiveness (or not!).

Cheers,
Mike