R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - $600+ Buggys perform poorly
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 09:51 PM
jmcn r
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCabcs
Yeah, but nobody else was ridiculously proposing they were running a box-stock 380-buck buggy.
Thats good because neither was I, this and I also did not actually read any commentary from Hara to know what he actually said.

To be honest I guess the attachment to the word "stock" depends on what story argument you are trying to push (and we know most forums like this will always be full of all knowing unknowing people ready to argue ). However, if you are already from a racing background the word stock can be stretched quite far , so this is where alot of the disagreement people are having comes in, they just don't want to be rational with those opinions after .

I know looking at Haras build, that would fall under minor tweakage to me. Options he took to have the machine setup more to his liking for the track, the only thing to me out of those bounds is having a marginally lighter weight chassis. Then you can look at Tessmans car which was reportedly "box stock" to the definition till the final where he changed one piece on the car (not remembering what it was now).

But blah, that is just my reasoning...lol definately not something to slow down the next all wise poster.