R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - World GT Club Racing - To spec or not to spec is the question????
Old 09-23-2008, 09:38 PM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
Obviously Scotty thought enough of it to choose that over LiPo when he made the decision about the rules for this class. If you want to voice your disagreement with him youre welcome to. I dont have a problem with either but I just want to keep things consistent with what they ran at the IIC and are going to run in Cleveland in a couple months
FYI, Scotty talked to and had the World GT Car manufacturers as a group come up with most of the rules.

Scotty and the car manufacturers wanted the first WGT race to be a sucess so everyone wanted to run KNOWN power systems from current 1/12th cars. I think most of the WGT cars can be fitted with 3200-5000mah lipos in a single (3.7v) or 2 cell (7.4v) configuration. Unfortunatly, before the IIC there was not enough Lipo testing to know what was up.

I know guys are running Lipo 21.5, 17.5 and 13.5 now. Speak up and let us know what you are seeing and we can talk about the rules and move forward