R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Proline Velocity V2 & V3 Rims/Tires
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 07:46 PM
jmcn r
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It does get irritating in the RC world to see a product come out and see the manufacturer replace so quickly, the only place I have seen this in the world that sticks out in my head is full on factory motorsports usually at the highest level...ie something like F1 where parts get redesigned and altered for almost every track. It is over the top with RC and the prices that go with new releases....

As to performance, wider doesn't necessarily mean better...but from what we have seen it is safe to say the small increase in diameter and width in this case IS faster in most generic situations. With the performance level increases of our machinery it is important that the part where the rubber meets the road stays up to pace with the development of motors/chassis etc. Wheel/Tyre aspect ratios will always increase as a result of the higher performance needs of the vehicles and the tracks these days...its a good thing guys.

You also have to note something else, to the clubman...having several sets of wheels and tyres is nothing new so this doesn't exactly force you to dig into your pocket for anything different. The Tyre is a basic piece of running our machines too, they wear out and need to be replaced...thats part of the game. So u don't need to go out and buy the latest release just because its out there, wait a few months and when your V1/2 are worn out...grab a fresh new set of V3.

What sanctioning bodies SHOULD do is regulate that when new standards are being initialized, it is only done in stages and certain time periods so that a manufacturer can't hold back technology and come out with constant new releases bit by bit....I do believe that is what held back the EP scene for a long time with the motor and battery development.