R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 08:01 AM
jrxs-r
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trips
I just made the change to a oneway today... Mine also came with the 41 pulley, ands two others here also got 41's with their onoeways. I replaced the 41 with a 42 and installed it after a practice run with the diff, no other changes beside putting the oneway in..

What I noticed was that the car comes off the corners better with the oneway, with the diff the car really didn't get a good drive off the corner until it was finished turning... while the weigght was transferred to the outside wheels, the diff would just let the inside wheel spin the power away instead of getting a strong drive out of the corner. Corner entry was a lot sharper, not undriveable by any means, but definitely more aggressive...

While I found the car easier to drive consistently with the diff, lap times were better with the oneway... Unfortunately I was having a hard time concentrating today and I found myself making a few more mistakes than I would have with the diff. Still I managed to best my previous best run on this layout in every run today.

This was in stock/17.5 rubber tire class on ozite. Our track allows Paragon tho, for what it's worth.
Thanks for the heads up... I'll let you know in 24 hours what its like... Didn't make any changes for tomorrow night's race.... I was after slightly more aggressive turn in and better drive off corners, so I think the long wait for the one-way sounds like its worth it!

Last edited by jrxs-r; 09-22-2008 at 08:03 AM. Reason: More info