R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RB S5 L2G
Thread: RB S5 L2G
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 02:46 AM
vladconnery
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petevette
Vladconnery, I also have a Go 7 port and when I can get that thing to run right it freakin screams. Problem is that I have been chasing a tune with that engine. Replaced all the variables you can think of and still had issues. Long story short, I bought a S5 L2G to replace the GO and wouldn't you know it, had problems with that too.

Your probably thinking that I am the problem, well that is one of the variables I eliminated. I have 5 master tuners at the track try and tune my S5 and it wouldn't tune. I sent it back to RB and I hope to get it back this week.

My question is how will the S5 perform with the Dynamite .053 pipe. Will it work well or should I buy a RB pipe. If so, which one do you recommend?

Back to the GO, turns out that I had two issues at once which is why I couldn't figure it out. Bad RC8 tank, (duh), and bad needles in the GO.

I am just trying to avoid buying another pipe if I don't have too. Your thoughts?
1st congratulations on understanding that sometimes the problem can be outside of the users knowledge. When all else fails have some fresh eyes look at your problem. 2nd congratulations on the Go and the RB. Starting to find out they are both good engines.

I would say as long as your not running a JP pipe. You will probally be ok with the .053. I have not run this pipe before. I do know that a JP+RB= Just keep in mind that a RB pipe is going to give you the best performance. I got my RB w/ header used for $40 here.

Good Luck