R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - your WTF moments in RC
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 06:29 AM
looneytune
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

We had a RC Pro series race at our track. I dropped off my car trailer at the track so a bunch of us could pit inside it to get out of the rain. I had my tent set up next to my trailer near the rear door. Sunday morning in the pouring rain, I'm backing up my still pretty new pick-up with the big trailer style mirrors behind my trailer to park it for the day out of everybodies way. I had to squeeze it in between the rear of the trailer and a power pole the trailer was behind. With those big mirrors, you have to use the lower blind spot mirror to see everything thats up close. Of course I wasn't using the blind spot mirror, I was more worried about the pole. As I was backing up looking at the wrong mirror, I hit the one legs of the tent and kept bending it backwards with the edge of my bumper. When it bent back far enough and bowed out, it snapped back and put a nice dent in the bed of my pick-up. So not only did I damage my truck. I caved in one leg of my tent I was using for the first time. All while the director of RC Pro is watching me in disbelief and then laughing when I got out of the truck. Damn newbies to racing.